Schoolwide Learning Expectations (SLE)
A graduate of Holy Cross School is
a Christ-centered individual who:
- Lives the Gospel values of compassion, justice, tolerance, and honesty.
- Shares his/her gifts and talents in service to family, school, Church and community.
- Understands, values, and participates in Catholic worship.
a responsible citizen who:
- Takes responsibility for his/her actions.
- Has knowledge of current events and world affairs, and understands their impact.
- Appreciates and respects ethnic and cultural diversity.
- Participates actively in the larger community.
an enthusiastic life-long learner who:
- Demonstrates organizational proficiency and cooperative and independent learning skills.
- Possesses a solid foundation in all academic subjects.
- Knows how to seek and interpret information.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
- Uses technology resourcefully and responsibly.
A child of God who:
- Follows Jesus’ teachings and example by being kind, welcoming, truthful, and fair to everyone.
- Shares the special gifts and talents God has given him/her at home, at school and in church.
- Loves and worships God.
A responsible citizen who:
- Knows when his/her actions hurt others and tries to make it better.
- Learns about what is happening in the world.
- Learns about people all over the world and respects others.
- Helps others in need.
An enthusiastic learner who:
- Works hard in school, alone and with others.
- Learns about many different subjects.
- Asks questions when he or she doesn’t know something and looks for information in books or on the internet.
- Listens carefully, speaks clearly, and reads and writes well.
- Uses computers responsibly to learn about new things.