We are matheticians! Through the implementation of the Common Core State Standards of Mathematics, our students are deepening their understanding of math concepts and building critical thinking skills.
All grade levels focus on the 8 Mathematical Practices:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning
Our curriculum is developmentally appropriate and encompasses the following components:
- Counting and Cardinality
- Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- Number and Operations in Base Ten
- Number and Operations - Fractions
- Measurement and Data
- Ratios and Proportional Relationships
- The Number System
- Expressions and Equations
- Statistics and Probability
To view the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics, please visit: http://www.corestandards.org/Math/